Monday, June 05, 2006

Recommended Reading

Just finished up the book "How Then Shall We Live" by Francis Schaffer. It was my first Schaffer experience. This book is very different compared to what I normally read and at times I found it very challenging. I find history fascinating and would like to read more- if anyone has any recommendations let me know. Worldview is so important and Schaffer applied it in ways I hadn't considered thus far. I now understand the humanist worldview more and why they don't have the answers to life's greatest questions. I am so thankful that because of Christ I start at God and end in hope instead of being a humanist who starts at man and ends in despair. Anyway, this is a great book and I highly recommend it to everyone, especially those who love history, philosophy and truth. Happy reading!

3 comments:

Matt said...

I really think understanding history and the people who shaped it is important for understanding everything today. Good pick honey.

Reegz said...

How long is this read? Can I finish it in a few quick skims or will it hurt my brain for months?

Dana said...

This is not a quick read and takes some effort but is well worth it. Kind of reads like a history text book. You can do it!