Monday, March 09, 2009

Tucson Surprise Visit

Wow, I am way behind in my blogging, in fact I am three trips behind! I have been very busy these past weeks traveling, having visitors, and finding a new flat. In January Matt and I made a surprise visit to Tucson for my best friend Yunuen's 30th birthday party. It was really a last minute thing. I told myself (and many others) that I would not go back to Tucson until I moved back but upon finding cheap airfare for the day of the birthday party I could not resist! We landed in Tucson the night of the party, jumped in our rental car, and headed over to the Jankowski's who live only 5 minutes from the airport. I covered myself in bows and we rang the doorbell. Ryan opened the door and was clearly shocked and confused upon seeing us. He uttered in a most confused tone,"what the hell?" We asked for Yunuen. He closed the door and went and got her. She opened the door and was quite surprised and happy to us- as were a number of other friends from church who were at the party. It was one hug after another for a long time. By the time we arrived we had been awake 24 hours. But my excitement kept me going. We stayed awake for another 5 hours and then crashed for 3 and half hours. At 5:30 I was wide awake and ready to take on Tucson! We were out the door and at Bruegger's in no time. After this we took a little detour through the U of A to kill some time before heading up to Sandi's house. I was in my swimsuit and we were riding with the top down on our rental car. The sun was shining and the desert, mountains, and cactus were as beautiful as ever! We arrived at Sandi's house and knocked on the door. She opened the door and looked at us, and looked at us. Then she turned around and went and sat down on the couch, never saying a word. Jessica was there also and was quite surprised and so was Michael when he came walking into the living room and saw us.

Surprises are PRICELESS!

Here are some pictures from the 5 days we spent in Tucson. We had such a great time with everyone!! It was perfect. Seeing our friends and family had never been sweeter and the desert had never been more beautiful. I cannot tell you how difficult it was for me to leave...




And here is one more slideshow just for fun showing you a little more of what Tucson looks like and the fun we had while we were there.

3 comments:

All Flavors & Sabores said...

Yes, it was priceless!!! We LOVE you guys! And I know exactly what you mean when it's time to leave.
Blessings & Beijocas!

Anonymous said...

GREAT...GREAT SLIDE SHOW...I think I'll watch it again! n xoxo MOM

Reegz said...

I gotta watch these! I forgot about blogs cuz of facebook! I'm makin a comeback!