Monday, July 19, 2010

Is the Bible just another book?

As I make my way through the 2010 Ligonier Ministries National Conference videos I continue to be blessed. Today I listened to Steve Lawson's sermon titled, "Is the Bible just another book?" In it Lawson proceeds to give a list of 10 reasons to believe the Bible is the word of God.

1. The direct claims of the Bible about itself.
2. The perfect unity of the Bible in the midst of its vast diversity.
3. The reliable transmission of the Bible.
4. The historical accuracy of the Bible.
5. The scientific accuracy of the Bible.
6. The fulfilled prophecies of the Bible.
7. Jesus' testimony about the Bible.
8. The amazing indestructibility of the Bible.
9. The ethical superiority of the Bible.
10. The supernatural power of the Bible.

He explains each of the ten reasons providing verses, examples, and facts. My favorite was the last one- the supernatural power of the Bible.  At the end  I wanted to get up and give him a standing ovation in my living room!

3 comments:

Reegz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sando said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am speechless from this teaching! It was the best I've heard on the topic...MOM