Friday, May 25, 2012

Swing Wide The Glimmering Gates

This is my most favorite song.  Ever.



I caught myself looking in the mirror Wishing I was someone else I was born, with a bleeding heart And veins of loneliness I know it, I’ve seen it, I’ve held it in my arms But love can’t seem to break me down I’ve pleaded, I’ve begged, I’ve bloodied my eyes, just to feel it To believe it will stick around (oh whoa) Swing wide the glimmering gates Swing wide the glimmering gates I told myself the habits and secrets were just to get me through To get me through the nights but I got lost in a world of angles in city and greys and lies And I feel it, I taste it the longing to be free (Oh) The joy of believing like a child So you, You then listening Will you send up a prayer for me? To help me find the light Swing wide the glimmering gates Leave your pride and pain Swing wide the glimmering gates And be innocent again Innocent Again Swing wide the glimmering gates One day I believe I will open up my eyes Just to see The good work that was begun And I’ll be The only things I’ve ever wanted to be And I’ll know that I belong Swing wide the glimmering gates Leave your pride and pain Swing wide the glimmering gates And be innocent again Innocent again Be innocent again Swing wide the glimmering gates Leave your pride and pain (Swing Wide) Swing wide the glimmering gates And be innocent again (innocent, innocent again) Swing wide the glimmering gates

1 comment:

Reegz said...

Love. Love. Love!!!