Monday, December 08, 2014

Visit Home


I went home for a visit on my birthday this Fall.  I asked my sister to get me a bottle of Souverain Cab so I could drink it on my birthday night.  She and my niece also baked me some Chocolate Chip cookies which was great because I am a cookie monster!

It was great to see my family and especially fun hanging with my niece and nephews.  We played some frisbee and went to the park a number of times.  Jax didn't remember me from last year but he was my buddy in no time.  

While home my sisters and I and some of their friend went on a dinner cruise on the St. Croix River, Regan and I worked at the Desiring God conference, and my Mom made me my favorite meal (Thanksgiving).  Jamie and I shopped and went to lunch, Regan and I drank wine, and Steven brought over a number of homemade goodies he made so I could try them including the most delicious pulpy grape juice- yum!  He also gave me two unique bottles of wine- one from Minnesota and one from Texas.  Both were surprisingly good.  I also got to do an impromptu wine tasting at my friend Jane's house for a few ladies.  Good times!
Birthday wine and cookies

















No comments: