Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Women's Wine 101 Night: Wines for Summer



Me and few girlfriends started a women's ministry at our church last year called Fourth Fridays where the women in the church get together on the fourth Friday of the month to fellowship as we learn something together.  We take turns hosting and teaching all different kinds of things.  Last year I did a bread baking 101 night and in June this year I taught a wine 101 class.  I had 12 ladies and we tasted through 8 different wines as we learned about wines for the summer season.  It was such a fun night that I am hoping to sneak in another wine 101 night- wines for the winter season- just before the Holidays.  I had the tables covered in different fruits, vegetables, spices, herbs and the like for the ladies to smell in order to help them build up their sniff memory banks.  I also typed up a three page study guide for them to follow along and takes notes if they wanted to.  I served the last wine, which was a dessert wine of course, with a beautiful pastry cream and fruit tart on a shortbread crust that my good friend Betsy made especially for the evening- belissimo!

No comments: