Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Choosing Books

We have received word recently from the hospital in Dublin that they may be calling for us as early as four weeks from now :) so we have kicked it up into high gear around our place. Last night I had to take down my book shelf and pack up my books which was so sad. I plan on bringing some books with me and so far I have it narrowed down to about 35 books. Realistically I will be lucky if I can fit 15-20 books in my bags. Some of the no contest books are as follows:

My Johnny Mac study Bible NKJV, my Cambridge NIV Bible, The Valley of Vision, Holiness by Sproul, Total Truth by Pearcy, How Shall We Then Live and Trilogy by Schaffer, Knowledge of the Holy by Tozer, Desiring God and Future Grace by Piper, a few philosophy books, and a few books on Great Saints from places I will be seeing like Luther, Calvin, Spurgeon, Kyper, and Fox's Book of Martyrs.

These are just a few of the books so far. Anyone have any ideas on how I can squeeze as many books as possible into my luggage?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should send the ones you're not taking to me for safe keeping...except for the ones I have duplicates of !

Matt said...

I'm afraid I'm going to arrive in Dublin, open up my guitar case and find that my guitar has been replaced by books! Don't get any ideas ; )

Reegz said...

Fill your cat cage with books and throw your cat in the garbage

Anonymous said...

You could throw out the Johnny Mac, Pearcy, and Schaffer. Tozer is ok, but maybe you should just read it before you go. I would be happy to provide recommendations for substitutes.