Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Changing Weather

While talking with my European friends one day they told me they can spot Americans right away because they all wear New Balance shoes and carry backpacks with their names embroidered on them. Well, I am proud to say that my name is not embroidered on my bag but as far as the rest goes- guilty as charged. In an attempt to not stick out like a sore thumb I got some sweet boots today (thanks honey!). Everyone here wears boots with fashion tights and it is very cute. My friend Yunuen had asked me if I noticed people dress differently over here and at first I said no but I think I am beginning to see the difference now. I never thought my jeans were baggy until I lived in Europe.
On a different note, the weather is starting to change here. Not as much sun with more gray setting in and crisper air. The leaves are half gone off the trees and the days are much shorter. Matt and I stayed out all day shopping just because the sun was out and we wanted to soak it up before it goes into hibernation.
We are looking forward to the weekend as those crazy Policans get here Sunday for their 12 day Irish extravaganza. Yippee!

2 comments:

Reegz said...

Too funny! I was just noticing at the airport many women wearing tights and skirts and boots. Or, leggings almost with skirts! I also saw leg warmers! Yes! Bring it on back! Jamie has some swet heart ones that mom made her. Ya know she still has em!

Anonymous said...

I plan on wearing my polish jersey every day - perhaps I could bring some skin tight Levis to go with it so as not to stand out.