Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Celebrating Our New House

At the end of May Matt and I traveled home to Arizona in hopes of buying a house. I got to go for four whole weeks and Matt came for two. I went a week ahead of him to start the house shopping process with our favorite realtor, Matt's dad. We saw many nice houses and put offers in on a few but finally decided on one that I saw the very first day. It was one that Matt's dad found. He suggested we look at even though I was convinced it was out of our price range. When I first saw it I thought Matt would like it even though the house was outdated and needed a lot of love. I didn't think it was a big deal that is was stuck in the 70's because Matt and I did some work to our first house and really enjoyed it. So we put an offer in on it and after a little wheelin' and dealin' by our talented realtor we got it for a good price. As of today the house is officially ours and we just finished up a bottle of champagne in celebration. Here are some pictures to give you an idea of the house. Its a 3 bedroom burnt adobe house with great mountain views and in a fantastic area of town. We have been having tons of fun over the last month planning all the things we want to do it when we move back to Arizona someday. Thanks and praise be to God who is the giver of all good things!


8 comments:

Jenny said...

congratulations!!! It has sooo much potential, love it.

Nomosian said...

that song is AWESOME!

congratulations on the house - we should start stock piling rice there!

Yunuen said...

Time to celebrate!! We'll be waiting for you at the door with a bottle of tequila in November :)

Dana said...

If we are there in November I WILL drink tequila with you (and you know how I feel about hard liquor)! We'll see if Ryan is a true prophet of the Lord...

Sando said...

oh WOW - big house, nothing like your little dublin apt! lol and what in the world is a "HUMIDOR ROOM"? I can't figure out the British equivalent... lol Anyway... congrats! love the song, too. xxxx

Dana said...

Yo France- A humidor is a humidified wooden box that you keep cigars in. Matt is going to make a giant humidor out of the closet in that room to keep his cigars in. Should be pretty sweet...

Dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reegz said...

I love the double sinks Bradys!