Monday, June 14, 2010

Swimming in the Irish Sea






As my time in Ireland winds down I am starting to think about things I want to do before I leave.  One of them is to swim in the Irish Sea.  My friend Honor is hardcore and swims in the Irish Sea all the time so I joined her and another friend Erin for a dip today.  The high today was 64, a typical summer day for Ireland.  I have no idea what the water temperature was.  Suffice it to say that getting in the water up to my neck and staying in for a few minutes was a very impressive feat.  The Irish say you will start enjoying the water as soon as your body is numb.  I stayed long enough for my legs and upper body to be numb but my arms felt so strangely cold that I got out after a few minutes. Anyway, I am quite satisfied that I did it and even happier that I lived to tell the tale!

4 comments:

Reegz said...

Hahahaha! I thought you hated pics in your suit! Good one. It looks beautiful. I didn't sea this when I was there. Hee hee

Sando said...

danish! wow, you're so brave. i dont think i could ever do it. goes against my...err...mediterreannean principles... (whatever. i'm a whimp!!).

saw lots of photos of edo's wedding on fb - you looked great too! you should post some here! x

cbass said...

didja see nessie.....:)

All Flavors & Sabores said...

I'm proud of you my friend!