Tuesday, June 08, 2010

What is a Perfusionist?!


I have yet to come across a single person who, when they ask me what my husband does for a living, actually knows the answer I give.  Even when I explain it to them they still look lost.  So for all of you out there who want to know what it is that Matt does take a look at this short video. I've asked  Matt if I can go on a "ride-along" with him at his work but after seeing some more videos on what he sees at work I don't know if I could handle all the blood and general gore of the OR.  I guess that's why he's the perfusionist and I'm the lady of leisure!

As of right now Matt performs his  sweet perfusion  skills on babies at the children's hospital here in Dublin.  It's been a good gig but it is time for us to return to the land of plenty.  I am dying to know where we will end up.  How bout a clue, Lord?!

2 comments:

http://wretchlike.blogspot.com said...

Its about time! I've been telling people all kind of lies. They think he's real important and loaded.

cbass said...

oh I see I see...here I thought he manually pumped the heart, beat for beat in his hands the whole time!! now it's all comin togetha ;)