Thursday, August 11, 2011

Learning Skills 101: Learning How to Learn

I have been listening to some great lectures on "The Life of the Mind" given by Presbyterian minister Kenneth Samples.  This is an eight part class he taught using Mortimer Adlers's book "How to Read a Book."  This class is right up my alley and I am hoping to get Adler's book soon so I can read it and further sharpen my reading skills.  If you love reading and learning I highly recommend this class which can be downloaded for free here  The Life of the Mind by Kenneth Samples

Class lectures are as follows:

Intelligent Reading - Introduction"

Intelligent Reading - The Academic 10 Commandments"

Intelligent Reading - The Renaissance Christian"

Intelligent Reading - IDEAS"

Intelligent Reading - Introduction to Logic"

Intelligent Reading - What Makes a Good Argument"

Intelligent Reading - Three Types of Arguments: Deductive, Inductive, and Abductive"

Intelligent Reading - Logical Fallacies"

No comments: