Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Preparing for the Exam...

God has been providing for me this past year in many different ways  as I prepare for my level 2 somm exam which I hope to take in the next couple of months.  I started teaching wine classes at work this year which has been scary and great all at the same time.  I have also been trying to learn about cocktails by making some of the most classic ones.  I have been reading tons of books and making an endless amount flashcards and will also begin practicing service too very soon.  But the most fun has to be blind tasting with my friend Tali.  We met on the International Guild of Sommeliers website when I posted a thread about how I was looking for a study partner.  She just took her level 1 exam last winter and is also studying for level two. We have been meeting once a week to taste together and it  has been very helpful and fun. 
Teaching a class at work

making my first cocktail

No comments: