Sunday, August 12, 2007

Soon to be Homeless...

One week from today we will be leaving our first home. I remember the first time we walked in the model of this home and how we said, "this is too much house for us." I also remember clearly how I fell in love with it and how no other house we looked at could compare. I asked God for it but thought there was no way we would be able to buy it.

God was so good and blessed us with this great house. From the minute we walked in and tore the carpet out we made this house our own- which is why it is so hard to leave. I soon found out that God had gifted Matt in the area of remodeling. Since we have lived here he put in wood flooring and ceramic tile and landscaped the backyard with a brick patio, a flagstone fire pit, a sprinkler and drip system, grass, and an assortment of plants.

There are many good memories here and it is hard to leave something we've worked so hard on. This house has been great, God has been faithful and now goes before us in a direction.

3 comments:

Reegz said...

I picture it. Walking into the next house, "Matt, this is not enough house for us." "It'll be great honey, you, me, the 2 cats, and my guitar. Right here in this one room......" (Here's where you go mental like Cameron Frye in Ferris Bueller)

Anonymous said...

Matt don't forget to pass those good tips my way...I insist that u did a good job on that floor!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Matt got the training done at your house before coming to mine to install the spinkler system!