Sunday, August 26, 2007

Things I Will Miss in Ireland #3

As I was enjoying lunch today at my favorite Mexican food restaurant, Macayo's, I started to become convinced this was not only my favorite Mexican food restaurant but it may also be my favorite restaurant of all time. I cannot get over how delicious their bean chimichangas are smothered in enchilada sauce and topped with sour cream. They also have the best chips and salsa of any Mexican restaurant, NO CONTEST!

Because I am so accustomed to Mexican food living in the southwest I had my good friend Yunuen, who is from Mexico, show me how to make frijoles from scratch recently. I have yet to perfect them but since refried beans is a staple of my diet I figured I should learn to make them.
I will also miss eating at Jason's Deli where I indulge in their scrumptuous meatball po' boy on a wheat french roll regularly with strawberries and fruit dip. And to top it off they give free softserve ice cream cones!

3 comments:

Matthew said...

Macayo's is quite tasty. I don't think I realize how much I'm going to miss Mexican food. I'm sure all of our new friends will want to come over to dine on authentic Mexican cuisine!

Dana said...

...When Yunuen comes in to town, that is!

Reegz said...

I like Macayos too. You'll have to tell us what we can bring you when we come over. We have a Trader Joes here now! Jealous?