Monday, January 28, 2008

Excerpt from Spurgeon Biography

Spurgeon was crystal clear in teaching justification by faith and in denouncing works as a way of righteousness.
"Come to him as you are. But ah, I know that when we sit in our studies it seems a light thing to preach the gospel and to make people believe in Christ; but when we come to practice it is the hardest thing in the world. If I were to tell you to do something great you would do it,but simply when it is "Believe, wash and be clean!" you will not due it. If I said, "Give me ten thousand pounds," you would give it. You would crawl a thousand miles on your hands and knees,or drink the bitterest draught that ever was concocted, but this trusting in Christ is too hard for your proud spirit." -Spurgeon

2 comments:

Lis Richards said...

Ola minha querida!
Good to hear from you!Your comment about my cinnamon roll "trouble", made me laugh. I completely forgot about that!I hope you guys are doing ok!
You should come over to hear my latest trouble story!
Miss you!
Lis:)

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.