Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Jane Austen Day Out




I spent this past Saturday with two of my girl friends- my Welsh friend Catrin and my friend Honor who is from Northern Ireland. Honor lives up in the beautiful seaside town of Malahide and invited us up for the day. She packed a nice picnic lunch for us which we ate while overlooking the Irish sea. Then we took a short car ride further up the coast to another seaside town called Rush where we took a long walk on the beach. The day was perfectly sunny. After the beach we stopped for tea at an Irish lady's house from our church. She showed us her garden of sunflowers which she protects from the snails by putting diced onion all around them. After this we headed back to Honor's house where we unwound with a nice dinner. It was a great day and I am so greatful God has brough these two women into my life who love the Lord and who are so fun to be with. Here are few pictures from the day. The little bundle of joy with the "ginger" hair in the buggy is Honor's son Caleb.

2 comments:

Nomosian said...

that beach looks pretty sweet. I suspect the water's probably a tad cooler than San Carlos!

Yunuen said...

It seems like the prayers for friends in Ireland have been answered! God is so faithful :)
P. s. So are you taking tips from friends to grow your own sunflowers??? ;)