Saturday, August 01, 2009

U2 Live in Dublin



One thing I had hoped to do before we leave Dublin was to see U2 in concert here. Last weekend that desire was fulfilled at Croke Park. Our friend David gotus tickets and the three of us went to the concert together last Friday night. I have been listening to U2 since I was about 12 years old. They must be the biggest rock band in the world and for a good reason- they are very talented musicians and excellent entertainers. I have been to a good number of conerts but I will have to say the most exciting concert moment I have ever experienced was when the members of U2 walked out onto the stage. The place lit up with excitement. The atmosphere throughout the whole show was electric. They started out the concert with a few of their top new songs off their new album and then spent the rest of the show playing many of their best loved hits. They even played my favorite U2 song "Bad." Something a little different that I haven't seen before at any concert is flags. Many people in the crowd had Irish flags and it was quite moving to see the Irish flags being held up while U2 sang "Bloody Sunday." Seeing U2 in any city would be a real treat but seeing them in Dublin was pricelss. Bono is a frickin legend!
Enjoy a few pics from the show shown above with the best song off their new album called "Magnificent."

3 comments:

Nomosian said...

unless you have a new camera with a telephoto lens - there is NO way you took those photos (or you were on stage with them during the concert!).

it looked like it was an awesome concert. Sunday Bloody Sunday would be an interesting experience to hear in Dublin - I suspect the entire audience sang along.

Dana said...

Actually I got some of these photos from the guy who we went with and the closer up photos from some other friends who also went to the concert but they were down in the pit in front of the stage. They got some sweet shots!

Matthew said...

The whole audience sang along to EVERY song! It really was the best concert atmosphere I could ever imagine, let alone experience.