Friday, January 01, 2010

Feliz Ano!


Happy New Year!

We rang in the New Year last night at a friend's house party in Dublin.  A bunch of my friends were there as well as my father-in-law who is in town visiting us.  The party was fun and not much different than how we would ring in the New Year in the U.S.  The only difference from an Arizona New Year's Eve was that here we received about 2 inches of snow!  It doesn't snow often in Dublin and if it does it never sticks around so to still have a good deal of snow today was surprising.

My favorite thing about New Year's is New Year's resolutions.  I am always asking people if they make them and most say no and the reason they give is because they can't keep them.  I am not the type of person who would get discouraged from making New Year's resolutions simply because they're hard to keep.  I mean anything worth doing is hard so suck it up and keep trying!  I look forward to a new year, taking stock of my life and making goals. I think its a good and worthy thing to do, not to mention fun! My resolutions are pretty similar each year.  I have spiritual growth type goals, goals having to do with my marriage, and some personal goals.  A personal goal I really hope to make some progress in this year is in the area of weight loss.  I am going back to the South Beach diet again but will have to wait for my father-in-law to leave before I can begin.  It is too fun having a guest to cook for to cut out all the fun cooking!  Plus he makes these amazing mushrooms that we are having for dinner tonight- how could I possibly pass these up when I probably won't see him again for months to come?!

No comments: