Monday, March 07, 2011

Recent Concerts

I love love love music and lately I was able to attend two different concerts of artists I really enjoy.  They are both in the top 15 most beloved artists of my heart. The first one is Sara Groves who is a Christian singer songwriter.  She sings my favorite song of all called time "When the Saints."  She recently performed at a women's conference up here so me and my sister Regan, who introduced me to her music years ago, went.  Groves is an extremely talented songwriter who has a beautifully clear and crisp voice, the kind of voice that pours out easily as if it takes no effort for her to sing at all!  She unfortunately didn't sing my favorite song during this concert but she did sing a song that went strait to my heart about marriage.  Here is a video of her explaining it and singing it on a radio station.



The second concert was of a singer songwriter by the name of Griffin House.  Matt introduced me to him a few years ago.  He plays acoustic guitar (my favorite) and is also a very good songwriter.  Matt and I saw him last night at a really neat venue in Dinkytown at the U of M called the Varsity Theater.  This place was really cool inside and very intimate.  We sat about 15 feet back from the stage at a round table.  I wish concerts were always like this!  Anyway,  so you can get a taste here is a video of Griffin House playing one of his more fun songs, written about his personal history.



Griffin House has played in Tucson before but I would be surprised to ever be able to see Sara Groves in concert there so living in Minnesota has some benefits!

1 comment:

Reegz said...

Do u have Sara Groves most recent cd? Give it!