Monday, September 26, 2011

Birthday Weekend Extravaganza

What a wonderful Birthday weekend I had! Saturday morning we headed up to the Jerry Robinson seminar which was very interesting, informative, and at times scary. Robinson is a brilliant guy and he fears the Lord. I learned a lot and especially liked the session where Robinson explained the petro dollar system- which clarifies so many things about American politics and our foreign policy. It was also cool to meet Robinson after listening to his podcast for the last couple of years. He remembered us contacting him in the past as the couple who was "listening over in Ireland while sitting on the porch with wine and cigars"!

After the seminar we headed over to the Booya with the family. Booya is a stew that my uncle makes by cooking it for 2 days in this giant drum.  There is so much he gives all the guests ice cream pails to take booya home with them.  The booya is full of homegrown veggies, beef, pork and chicken as my uncle lives on a farm. Delicious!
 Everyone takes pictures in the oversized chair after they are stuffed full of booya.



It was Jax's first booya.
After the booya we headed back to Regan's where we had a fire pit with some friends which was also fun.  Lots of talk about the seminar, Ron Paul and the like. Then on Sunday after church my Mom started cooking the birthday feast- turkey and all the goes with it!  It was the best birthday meal I ever had.

After dinner I didn't have to do any dishes but got to snuggle up with Jax instead.  He loves me and and thinks of me as his favorite auntie.

All in all it was a great birthday.  Thanks to my loving husband and family (including my third sista Cbass)!

No comments: