Thursday, June 07, 2012

Minnesota Blues

Things I will miss in Minnesota
My Mom
Joe
Jamie
Steven
Regan
Pete
Jace
Levi
Liberty
Jax
Monday night Bible study dinners with Katie and Joy
Wine study group with Barbara and Ruth
Working at Cap N Cork Wine & Spirits
Going up to the cabin
Hanging out at Regan's
Nelson's Ice Cream in Stillwater
Doing drive-bys of the house I grew up in
Thinking of my Dad everytime I pass Koch on highway 52
Roma Market in Mahtomedi (gorgonzola & candied fig wood fire pizza!)
Butter chicken from India Garden in Rochester
The giant jack pines on the north side of my house
The smell of lilacs in spring
The lightning bugs in summer
Mowing the lawn
The crisp air in fall
The leaves changing color in fall
The first snow of the season
Watching Jax do his tricks
Hearing funny Levi stories
Eating my Mom's cooking
Eating Regan's cooking
Hearing everything I never wanted to know about the Twins from my sister Jamie
Watching Jace grow into a young man
Seeing Liberty and Levi in their plays
Watching Levi's baseball games with my sisters
Hanging out with my sisters
Drinking wine with the ladies
Trying new wines at work
Valley Fair
Talking food and wine with Jane
Hearing hilarious chiropractor stories from Bransons
Smoking hookah with y'all
Visits to Cowtwn to see the rellys


Things I Won't Miss in Minnesota
Tornado weather!
Freezing cold temperatures
Overcast days
Mosquitoes, gnats and woodticks at the cabin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the "will miss" far outweigh the " won't miss" WHY THE HELL ARE YOU GOING ?????

Wayne Brooks said...

Like your blog, just passing by from Dothan, AL

Reegz said...

Ha! I think the list would be even longer about what'd you'd miss in Tucson! I'm mostly gonna miss you bringing me flowers and treats! Hanging out will sorely be missed!!!! We must skype!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Now I'm even more sad...