Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Piper Quotes on Missions

Quotes from John Piper that have struck me lately as I prepare for Thailand...

"Missions exists because worship does not."

"Worship is the fuel and the goal of missions."

I never thought of the way that I looked at missions before as far as the language I use to think about it or describe it. These two quotes, though they are simple, really gave me a new perspective on missions, one more grand. I am going to Thailand because worship of the one true almighty God does not exist there. And I must prepare myself for this by spending time worshiping God. God- may You be worshiped in Thailand and all over the globe because You are worthy!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mission trip...Lake Elmo, White Bear, Maplewood, Lakeland, etc...pray for me too however I don't need to raise as much money as you do though:)God use us all over!

Joey said...

For the three years I went to Bethlehem, if there's one thing that Piper taught me, it's that missions is so, so, so much more than singing. We often think of worship as extending no further than the songs we sing in the "worship service." We don't see that we must live lives of worship!

Excellent post.