Sunday, October 26, 2008

Manchester


Matt and I spent the weekend in Manchester, England as Matt was to receive his certificate from the Society of Perfusionists of Ireland and Great Brittain for passing his recent exams- WAY TO GO, HONEY! We stayed at a really nice hotel (our hotel room tv screen said "Welcome, Mr. McReynolds" on it!) in the city center. During the day time Matt attended conference lectures while I milled about the city. On both of the nights we attended dinners, the second one being formal, and I got to wear a long beautiful dress! I really like England and even though the pound is stronger than the euro and we lose out on the exchange the prices in England are so much better than Ireland. Everything feels like a great deal. Whilst I was nosing around Manchester on Saturday afternoon I came across a great Christian book store called Wesley Owen. I must have spent 2 hours in it just browsing the books and music. It was so refreshing! I know I don't need any more books but I can't help it- I love them! So I treated myself to 2 new books I can't wait to read: "Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes: Cultural Studies in the Gospels" by Kenneth Bailey and "The Uniqueness of Israel" by Lance Lambert. I also got to eat Millie's cookies, Baskin Robin's ice cream, and go to Sainsbury Market. Oh, how I do love England...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow....Great Picture....Love the dress ! xoxo MOM

Reegz said...

Whilst?........What year are you living in?

Reegz said...

You're moving to England! I win the keychain! Bring it!

Lis Richards said...

Que linda!!! How pretty you look! Matt, congratulations from the Richards!
:)

Anonymous said...

Wow sister, looking good!!! :) What a nice looking couple. Congrats to Matt for passing the exam, even though outside sources told us he cheated, but it is still good, right???