Sunday, November 16, 2008

Recent International Wine & Cheese Party

Two Fridays ago I went over to my Welsh friend Catrin's house for a wine and cheese party. The internationality of my circles over here never ceases to amaze me! There were 8 countries represented in this small party- Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales, England, Finland, Germany, Australia, and America! Hanging out with internationals is definitely my favorite thing about living in Europe. Here are a few pics from the party which was great fun...




To explain a bit- the picture to the left is my friend Catrin and I cracking up while playing the game Empire (fun game!). The picture with the fur is my English friend Clare (she sounds just like Elizabeth Bennet from Pride & Prejudice when she talks) holding a mink. The mink was left to Catrin by an Australian friend who acquired it while in Norway but didn't think she could get it through customs in Australia so she had to leave it in Dublin when she left for home. The gross mink makes frequent appearances at parties. Oh, how Indi and Sharptooth would love to get ahold of him!

1 comment:

Sando said...

I totally agree!!! that dried rat is GROSS!!