Friday, November 07, 2008

Putting the Election into Perspective

I stayed up watching the election the other night til about one in the morning. My prayer was for God to be merciful to the U.S. even though we don't deserve it. I prayed for his will to be done concerning which candidate would be elected and then prayed that I would be able to accept his decision no matter who he chose to put in power. I am not especially crazy about John McCain but he was my choice due to the fact that he is pro-life and I think he will do a good job with matters of national security.

I awoke around 3:30 and went out to the TV. By this time Obama was at 207 while McCain was at 141. I watched for the next 30 minutes. As soon as the polls on the west coast closed (4:00 AM my time) Obama was announced the to be the next president of the United States. Though this didn't come as much of a shock I must admit that I was sick to my stomach upon the declaration.

About two months ago Obama was asked when life begins during a forum. I watched as he replied that the answer to that question was "above his pay grade," - an ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS answer!! If he really feels this way you would think he would err on the side of caution but he has the most radical voting record in the senate on matters of abortion. He can say whatever he thinks sounds clever but it is crystal clear how he feels on the matter and God will hold him accountable.

This being said I know the best thing to do is to pray for him as our leader, to trust in our sovereign God who always does what is right, and to remember that this world is not our home.

Here are some great remarks made by John Piper to put the election into proper perspective.

No comments: