Tuesday, March 23, 2010

8 Years Ago Today...


Eight years ago today Matt and I married. It was so long ago that all the pictures I have from our wedding photographer are real photos, not digital.  These pictures you see here were emailed to me by someone at the wedding and are the only digital photos I have (sorry I don't have better ones to post!).  People I meet are always surprised to hear how long we've been married.  They always say,  "you must have gotten married so young!"  We were 22 and 23.  It didn't seem young at the time. Out of all of our friends who are our age we have been married the longest and we joke about being the old married couple. Anyway, I have to say God has been so very good to us these last 8 years of marriage.  I feel closer to Matt and love him more than ever.  I am often amazed by God when I think about how He, in His wisdom, gave me just the man I needed to compliment me, challenge me, and shape me.  Marriage is after all, as Martin Luther said, a school for character.  Thanks honey, for all the love and grace you show me and model to me.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy Anniversary

Reegz said...

SHUT UP! I was gonna post a pic on mine. The only one I have of you,Matt, and Jace. How can I do that? Congrats you old married peeps. Um, we've been married 13.5 years and I got married at 23 so there Jamie! :o) A toast to all who make it thru!

Vivi DiLopes Adams said...

Happy anniversary!

Nomosian said...

feliz navidad

Anonymous said...

I took those photos.....J.K. We still have one hanging on our wall of your wedding!