Monday, March 01, 2010

Pining Away for Tucson

Today it is 46 degrees and sunny in Dublin.  This is nicest day so far this year as it has been an unusually cold and snowy winter here.  We are anxious for warmer temperatures as our new apartment is poorly insulated and very cold.  I spent the weekend pining away for Tucson and today's sunny weather only served to make me want Arizona all the more!  One of my New Year's resolutions this year is to pray everyday for a perfusion job to open up in Tucson for Matt.  I have wanted to move back to Tucson for what feels like as long as I have been over here but it wasn't until the turn of the year that I became serious about it in prayer.  Don't get me wrong, we have had an amazing time traveling over here but the truth of the matter is there is no place like home and I am more anxious than ever to get back to Tucson.  Today as I was doing my house work I was dancing around to Paul Simon whose music is the perfect soundtrack for Tucson in my mind.  I dream of the desert, the cactus, the mountains, the Arizona sunsets, the sunshine, the warm breezes and the beautiful smells of Tucson's spring .  I cannot wait to get back to family, friends, my home church, and our new house which I affectionately call "my adobe."  As you can probably tell, and as I often say to God in regards to moving back to Tucson, "tomorrow couldn't be soon enough!"  Please pray with me.

3 comments:

Sando said...

Aww...the idea of you leaving makes me saaaad. but I want you to be happy! also sounds like a nice place to visit! ;) Will pray. xx

ps: love the daffodils!! :D

Anonymous said...

AMEN to that! MOM

Vivi DiLopes Adams said...

I wonder if I'll ever feel that way about Tucson ... or even Brazil!