Monday, May 23, 2011

Lately...


We have been having a lot of fun over the past few weeks doing many different things that I have been meaning to blog about. We have made a few trips down to Rochester as Matt has been interviewing at the Mayo Clinic. I have been doing one of my favorite things there- looking at houses! We are trying to decide if we are going to buy one or not and we are still unsure at this point but I have already found one I really like. We also attended a great conference at our church on desiring God given by Pastor John. Amazing! That same weekend we also had a fun Cinco de Mayo fiesta at my sister's house with my family and some friends. My two funniest aunts came from cowtown and cracked Matt right up. We made chiles rellenos for the fiesta along with Mexican red rice, beans, tacos, guacamole and salsa. No one had ever had rellenos before and they got mixed reviews. I used the mildest chile I could find but some thought they were too hot (this is Minnesota afterall). I also attended a free lunch concert with my sister Jamie who loves music (and loves all things free!). She talked me into going with her to see Easton Corbin who I had never heard before. I don't listen to a whole lot of country but I like acoustic guitars and twang so I appreciated the show. We met him afterward as you can see in the pics. Well, that's just a few of the different things we've been up to lately. We have a busy month coming up with visits to the cabin and visitors coming up to see us from the desert. We'll also begin packing soon for our move south to Rochester which I am considering a small detour on our way to Tucson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He put on a good free show! I loved it and he sounded like a young George Strait=)