Sunday, May 22, 2011

Who Lives Here?!

Upon arriving home from church and lunch this afternoon we climbed into bed to relax for a bit on this rainy, dark day.  After laying in bed for about 10 minutes we heard the tornado sirens go off for the first time since we've lived here.  It was creepy to say the least!  We ran out to the living room and turned on the news to see if St. Paul was having tornadoes.  As it turned out it looked okay for our area but to the north and slightly west of us a number of cities were in danger and some damage had already been done.  

This is the third day this year that tornadoes have been found whirling around the skies of Minnesota.  I remember scary tornado skies from when I lived here as a child but I am not sure if I've ever actually seen a tornado.  As amazing as it would be to see one I do not want the destruction that it brings so I hope never to see one.  Last year apparently was  Minnesota's most active year for tornadoes with 48 occuring on one day in June!  I found a website detailing Minnesota's tornado history which was pretty interesting to read about.  Hopefully this year's tornado season will not make the website!

2 comments:

Nomosian said...

you thought those were rapture sirens didn't you?

Anonymous said...

Be gone before a house drops on you! Lol