Saturday, October 08, 2011

Mayo Foundation Gala


Matt and I got to go to a formal dinner last night at the Mayo Foundation House for his work.  The house is pretty much a castle and used to be occupied by Dr. Mayo and his wife.  We had wine and h'orderves on the main floor and then moved up 2 floors to a grand wooden paneled banquet type room where we had a 3 course meal staring filet mignon which could be cut with a butter knife.  The dinner ended with pumpkin cheese cake and then cordials and chocolate dipped strawberries on the way out.  I think this was the first time in my life I ever ate with real silverware.  Anyway a good time was had by all and the best part of the night was getting to see my handsome husband dressed up and getting to wear a gown myself- always fun!

3 comments:

Beth said...

You guys look great Dana! Sounds like fun. And the wine store... that's wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Glad u had fun!!! Hope to see you soon.

Jamie

Reegz said...

Your har looks perty, did you pat it? You got on the lip balm?