Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Finest Cowboy in the Land!

Would you guess me for a country fan?  Well, I am not really but I grew up around country music with my dad playing drums in a country band his whole life- he even played the Grand Ol' Opry in Nashville with Dave Dudley- and my sister Jamie is the biggest country fan in the world.  Because of these things I can appreciate me some good, old style country.  My favorite country singer (and the only one on my ipod besides Johnny Cash, Marty Robbins and my dad) is the king of country, George Strait.  

Last night Jamie and I drove 210 miles down to Des Moines, Iowa to see him.  This is the third time I have seen him in concert now. Jamie is in his fan club so she was able to get us fifth row seats!  Martina McBride opened and though I am not a fan of hers she was enjoyable to watch as she has quite a voice.  She sang an hour and then George came on with his famous eleven piece "Ace in Hole" band. They rocked the stage with their  honky tonk and western swing for 2 hours.  And George, with his sideways smile, twinkling eyes, and rich country voice delivered an amazing show as usual!  I was really excited to hear him sing one of my favorite songs live.  Here is the video...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool song...I've never heard it before.....Great post too....glad you had a fun time....xoxo MOM

Anonymous said...

Yes he was amazing as usual! So glad we were able to go see him again!! Thanks again for joining me and I'm glad I was able to convince you to become a fan of the king of country so long ago!!!! Lol=)

Love,
Jamie

Reegz said...

I loved hearing you say, "Still the finest cowboy in the land." Next to dad of course....lol!