Tuesday, September 11, 2007

FRIJOLES POR FAVOR!

I went to the recommended grocery store last night to check out the prices (CRINGE). It wasn't as bad as I imagined it was going to be (3/4-CRINGE). The portions here are smaller than in the US which is probably what accounts for the smaller size of the people here- that and all the walking they have to do! They certainly do not have the wide variety and selection the US has. I think I saw 6 or 7 flavors of ice cream altogether, the most outrageous flavor being mint chocolate chip. It's funny to see pints instead of gallons. Bread was cheap and milk was about normal. Eggs are kept on a shelf rather than in the cooler. Beer is very pricey here as well as sliced turkey. Anyway, I was relieved not to be completely discouraged by the prices. My only complaint I have is this: WHERE ARE THE PINTO BEANS AND TORTILLAS???!!!

2 comments:

Reegz said...

Like, how much is a 6 pack? How much is a lb of turkey? You gotta get corned beef and cabbage. That's probably cheap. How much is a starbucks?!

Anonymous said...

Does it look like Trader Joe's at all??? Pinto beans and tortillas will probably be a delicacy for you up there :) we'll hook you up when we come though!