Saturday, September 15, 2007

Tacos and Sunshine

The forecast today called for a 60% chance of rain. We awoke to sunshine streaming in our bedroom window and the sun shone brightly all day long. I think I was even sweating today! They don't have air conditioning here so when you're hot you don't know what to do. We have been looking at apartments nonstop and it is getting so old. Oh, to have a home already! I forgot how bad the rental scene is- places are dumps and 20 people show up to view the property and fight over it. Still no places that take cats that aren't in the ghetto. It's like people don't know what cats are here because they can't comprehend that indoor cats don't go outside and are perfect for apartment living.
I have been able to do a lot more shopping these last 2 days and have found more promising grocery stores and a great homegoods store to stock up our place as soon as we get it. I got the ingredients for tacos with refried beans which we had for dinner. We washed the tacos down with an unknown German beer that was on sale. Not my favorite beer. To end the evening we had chocolate cake! It may sound silly that I am blogging about our meals but when you're far from home comfort foods are such a blessing!
Yesterday I found the Baptist Church that was recommended to me. It's in a beautiful old church building and is in the part of town I am hoping to live in. I got to talk to one of the members who was very friendly. I am looking forward to going tomorrow morning and hoping to God that I will make some friends. We have been taking more pictures for y'all and will post them tomorrow night.

3 comments:

All Flavors & Sabores said...

Imagine me...I don't have even 10% of my Brazilian food around here! Tooooo sad!
We miss you too!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing the Lord has provided a good church and at least it's not the catholic or the women pastor!! thanks again for your guys help and talks it was very encouraging. Now on your days off you go find the gold at the end of the rainbow.......

Anonymous said...

I cant even imagine what they're pawning off as torillas there!

We saw Sharptooth yesterday - he didn't seem to be excited to see us as usual. We did notice his hair is really matted and he has scabs all over his body now - not sure that's normal.