Thursday, September 13, 2007

Spaghetti Tonight

The first few days I was here I didn't want to live in the city center cause I thought it was a zoo. Now I've changed my tune and we are looking for a place here. It is so convenient to just walk everywhere and not have to take the bus. Plus the architecture is so cool and I love to see the River Liffey. Yesterday I made my first important purchase for life here in Dublin. I went to some store in the mall by Grafton Street and picked out a crock pot from a catalog. You write down the number and hand it to the clerk and then they go to the back and get it for you. Interesting. I did some grocery shopping last night so I could make dinner today. I have been craving spaghetti so I got the stuff for it. Grocery shopping is a nightmare with the prices and little selection. I finally found tortillas which are about 2.75 euro and refried beans in a can are 2.06 euro- YIKES. In case any of you wanted to send a birthday present over the pond I could use some pinto beans, chai tea powder from Trader Joes and spices like chili powder!

1 comment:

Shezza Ansloos said...

have a crack time in dublin.....enjoy your spaghetti