Thursday, December 13, 2007

Quote from Upward Call

There is a blog I read regularly from a very wise and godly woman who lives up in Canada. She loves Christ, theology, and books and is my kind of woman. If we lived near each other I would most certainly ask her to mentor me! Anyway I really liked what she said in a recent post and wanted to quote it. You can read the whole post (from 12/12) and check out her blog at http://www.theupwardcall.blogspot.com/

"I have been married for twenty years. Not long in comparison to some, but long enough to have learned some very valuable lessons. Here is the most valuable one I have learned: I have become a better wife and mother the more I have sought to understand doctrine. The more I have sought to understand things like the deity of Christ, the humanity of Christ, the attributes of God, regeneration, justification, salvation, etc., the more content I have become in my role of wife and mother and whatever other role God assigns me. I have learned less from those studies that comment directly on my relationships. Why is that?

It is because the Word of God is not just a book of ethical stories. It is a living revelation. It is the mind of God. How can I but change when I expose myself to that on a daily basis? The more I live in the light of His truth, the more my choices and decisions will be spirit-led."

WELL SAID!

2 comments:

Kim said...

You are living in Dublin, and I have another blogging buddy in Belfast....

I think something is calling me there :-)

At least for a visit.

Dana said...

Kim- As they say in Ireland, "You're very welcome!"
to come for a visit :)