Saturday, December 29, 2007

Year in Review

2007 has been a pretty good year filled with blessings from the LORD. The biggest of course being our move to Dublin. Its funny to think of how bad I wanted to move here and what I thought I would learn. Living overseas I thought I would be able to soberly assess American culture as well as my own faith- is my Christianity American Christianity or biblical Christianity? I think Europe in some ways is too similar to the US to see clearly on these topics. In other ways it is so different. The fact of the matter is I am impatient and it is too early to tell. But one thing I do know is that God is so faithful and has been with me every step of the way, providing all that we need.

Another big blessing this year was leaving my job at UAPD. It was bittersweet having been there 8 years, making many friends and experiencing so much in the last three years as a police officer and detective. I had so many good times there and was blessed with wonderful fellow officers, corporals, sergeants, commanders and a fantastic chief. As a patrol officer I loved pulling traffic stops and as a detective- oh where would I even begin with all the neat things I got to do?! 

Working as a police officer or detective is a stressful and demanding job but I think there are few that can compare with it's greatness. It is an especially good job to hold as a Christian because you have so many opportunities to share Christ with the endless amount of people you come in contact with, whether they be fellow officers, criminals, victims, or others. But I am not cut out for a job that owns my life as the job of a detective does and I am quite happy to be home now spending my days working on my theology classes, cooking, and taking care of the home and husband.

Well, tomorrow Matt and I leave for Rome, a place I have longed to see for quite some time. I can only think of one other city in the world I want to see more. I can't believe I will actually be there tomorrow- may it not be too overwhelming! 

A happy and safe New Year to you all with many blessings in Christ Jesus!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only other city you want to see more than Rome is Krakow, right?

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Rome.

Reegz said...

To examine your christianity maybe you need to live in the Congo or something. That would be VERY different than the US. I bet the other place you want to see more is Jerusalem. Do I win? How bout a keychain?

Dana said...

I'll get you a keychain when I go to Israel because you did win!

Lis Richards said...

Every day I see your blog to know what is going on there with you!
beijocas!
Lis:)