Friday, December 07, 2007

Things I Miss in Ireland

As I attempted to make one of my favorite bread recipes today and realized I did not have the key ingredient I began to think of all the things I miss in Ireland besides the given (family, friends, and cats) and thought I should get it off my chest in a blog. So, in no particular order...

wheat bread
wheat flour to make wheat bread
non-stick pan spray that works
marshmallows incase I want to make rice crispy bars

Honey Bunches of Oats with almonds
refried beans
black beans
tortillas that are good
tortillas chips that are good
salsa that is good

ice cream that is good
fritos & doritos
chips that are good
lemonade
peanutbutter chips and chocolate chips for cookies
creamy peanutbutter
Folgers french vanilla coffee
Bruggers hazelnut coffee
any good coffee
Bruggers whole wheat bagels
American bacon
American sausage
Brueggers breakfast bagel with sausage, egg, and cheese on whole wheat bagel
Little Caesars $5 hot and ready large pepperoni pizza
Macayos Mexican food
Jason's Deli meatball po'boy on whole wheat french bread roll with strawberries and fruit dip
Petes Wicked Ale Strawberry Blond Beer
chai tea powder from Trader Joes
the smell of rain
warm breezes
mountain sunsets
driving in the car while rocking out to my ipod
Fry's Grocery Store
Fry's Grocery Store Prices
Ross & Old Navy
being able to buy books without worrying about how I was going to take them home (on plane)
watching the local news
watching Fox News
watching Samantha Brown's Passport to Europe
watching Chief Chuck forecast the weather
listening to Christian radio
peanutbutter chocolate ice cream
Baskin Robins 32 flavors
ice cream that is good
cheap fruit for making delicious desserts
graham crackers
pudding in a box
whole wheat pasta
grilling
multiple flavors of cheese blocks
velveeta cheese for grilled cheese
ranch dressing
cool whip
premade pie crusts
fridge biscuits for monkey bread

galons of milk
a two sided sink deeper tha 6 inches
dish soap that actually cuts grease
immediate hot water
businesses that run with common sense
ice cream that is good


Ok, that is enough for now. I'd better stop before I get homesick!

5 comments:

Reegz said...

First of all you should have titled that "Things I miss in America" and I guess you miss ice cream the most. I think you should be careful what you post, I'm scared to come over now. Sounds like a good time to diet. NO STRAWBERRY BLONDE?! No marshmallows? Cool whip is plastic and chemicals. They don't have plastic/chemical concoctions there? You sound like you're ranting but mostly you sound hungry. Maybe you should move to Germany?

Anonymous said...

Hey amiga, is that a formal request for upcoming visitors???? :-)

Anonymous said...

it rains not stop there, you can't smell it????

Reegz said...

I was wondering the same thing. Does it smell foreign or just like rain mixed with cigarette smoke and cussing?

Dana said...

It doesn't rain nonstop here (Ryan-you are thinking of Scotland- it rained like twice while you were in Dublin) but because the air is thick with moisture you cannot smell rain.

And yes- if you are coming to visit feel free to get some ideas off the list to bring!