Friday, February 22, 2008

Don't Manage Your Sin


















I have been listening to Mark Driscoll a lot lately. In a recent sermon he said, "Don't manage your sin." It really struck me and I have been thinking about it since. How often we as Christians do just that. When I came across this sculpture at the Louvre last week I couldn't help but think, "Don't manage your sin, PUT IT TO DEATH!"
I don't know much about this sculpture or what the artist was trying to say but it looks to me to be a perfect picture of our struggle with sin. Sin is powerful, wiley, and does not give up easily. We need to fight hard, using all our strength. We need to grab it by the throat and give it a crushing blow to the head. And if it raises back up we need to do it again. We must keep fighting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes AMEN!!!! I love it, put to death all sin because we are VICTORS in CHRIST and we have the power to be a slave to righteousness and holiness what awesome freedom from the power of the Spirit's work. Praise God!!!!