Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bath, Cardiff and Bristol Weekend



In March Matt and I took a whirlwind trip over to Bath, Cardiff, and Bristol in the U.K.  We have been to England before but not these cities and it was our first time to Wales.  Cardiff was a nice little city, very clean and friendly people.  My favorite thing about Wales was the Welshcakes.  I mean I figured they would be good but they surprised me with how good they were.  They taste like a cross between a minnie doughnut and a sugar cookie!  We also had great fun eating Cornish pasties everyday and partaking in cream tea with scones and clotted cream and Bath buns at the Jane Austen house.  My husband is such a good man to put up with going to such places!  Jane Austen is my favorite fiction writer so it was cool to visit her museum in Bath.  I also really enjoyed visiting the John Wesley chapel in Bristol.  It housed a very nice museum on his life. What an amazing man of God!  Anyway, here are some pictures from the trip.  Do you recognize the song?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great music..reminde me of dressage! The pix were cool too....I especially liked the I LOVE MR. DARCY .....MOM

reegz said...

Whos this Mr Darcy character? Is the music from Peter and the Wolf? Obviously nothing I'd be listening to.

Reegz said...

Was that a ha-pocket-ha pocket?

Nomosian said...

Jane Austen? Gag!

Sando said...

OI woman! i want to read some news from Tucson! PICSSSSSSSS please

cbass said...

get makin a super killer pic slide show of AZ for us to cry over and so I can post to my FB...PLEASE!! :)))

cbass said...

I totally love in your more refined, mature and womanly ways, you've switched to the finer music of classical beauties....LOVE IT, LOVED Bath soo romantical...woulda given anything to bathe in those healing waters :)


hehe bty, reegz dont you go knockin my man Mr. Darcy...love him!