Tuesday, April 20, 2010

From Under the Ash Cloud

Greetings from under the ash cloud.  Unless you've been living under a rock you've probably heard about the volcano that erupted in Iceland which is causing all kinds of havoc in the European skies.  Flights have been grounded since last Thursday when it happened.  I am extremely thankful to God that we were home when it happened and not off on one of our little holidays.  We returned from Italy just 2 days before the eruption and Sandi left us just one day before this volcano was awakened by the Lord. There are no traces of it in the skies above but we know its still hanging around up there as there are no planes in sky. I am praying for this ash cloud to be blown far away as Matt and I are supposed to be flying out to the U.S. next week.  Matt is to leave on Tuesday and I am off on Friday.  I am so excited to go to Tucson that the thought of not getting to go is just not an option.  I have already started packing and have made many plans for when I am there.  We have a bit of work to do on the house as well as other more pressing appointments such as Matt's lunch meeting with his future boss in Tucson to discuss any up coming jobs in Tucson and, depending on how that meeting goes, my meeting with my old boss to discuss the possibility of getting rehired before my peace officer certification runs out in August.  Matt and I were discussing this last night.  In order for me to be able to go back to police work before my certification is up he would have to find at least part time perfusion work in Tucson.  His job requires him to keep up his certification by doing a certain amount of cases each year so we are hoping for and I am praying for God to provide in this way.  I am also praying for wisdom as this is a big decision for me.  When I left the PD I didn't plan on returning but the nearer my certification draws to expiration the more I miss police work.  So, these next few weeks will be decisive in regards to our future.  The biggest obstacle is a job opening for Matt in Tucson.  Please pray with me for God to work providentially to this end so we can come home!

1 comment:

Reegz said...

Peace Officer? Was that an attempt at a joke or do I live under a rock?